Lie down, get treated. Walk out feeling softer and lighter.
We still use the term sports massage on our website as most people still associate this with the vigorous massage usually used on the sporting population. It’s a technique that’s very effective at alleviating you from the tension and stresses that build up in the body through physical activity or prolonged postures.
Although our physiotherapists often use sports massage techniques [or soft tissue therapy] as we prefer to call it, in their physiotherapy treatments, but you may just want to book in for a 30, 40 or 55min purely massage treatment.
The session is broken down into 3 main parts:
- Quick assessment to determine where the treatment needs to be focused
- Massage and soft tissue treament (the bulk of the session)
- Quick advice offered for remedial exercises to reduce risk of over-tensioning recurring
This type of massage is suitable for everybody and the pressure can be adapted to each individual.
Great for easing the symptoms of:
- Tension headaches
- General muscle tension, tightness and knots
Also effective for:
- Improving joint range of motion
- Recovery post heavy exercise bout or competition
- Increasing circulation through tissues
- Loosening adhesions in soft tissue